To encourage membership in the Committee.
iii) To host the ICOLD Meetings.
iv) To provide an information service to all concerned with Dam
Engineering about the development of techniques, new trends and experience gained
by others to enable updating of knowledge.
v) To allow specialists in the various disciplines to discuss their
experiences, research work and of techniques at various form.
vi) To act as a coordination body in India for International Commission
on Large Dams.
The above objectives are being achieved by:
- By constituting of INCOLD Committees on the various topics in line with ICOLD technical
- By circulating the draft reports/bulletins received from the Technical Committees
of ICOLD among the experts in India to elicit their comments/suggestions. Discussions
on these are included in the agenda of the Annual Meetings of ICOLD, held in various
- To publish Newsletter Half yearly
- To organize/conduct workshop and symposia at a regular interval to address the various
issues in dam engineering.
- To publish technical literature and to contribute information on different aspects
of water resources development and management.
- To provide forum for the decision makers, planners etc. to exchange information
on the various issues such as dam safety evaluation, rehabilitation and resettlement,
RCC dams, instrumentation of existing dams etc.
- To arrange contribution of more numbers of papers in the ICOLD Congress/Symposia/Workshops
etc. projecting the national expertise in the field of dam engineering.