The Commission pursues its goal through:
The science of dam engineering and water management has
been and is being advanced through ICOLD activities. The Committee for International
Commission on Large Dams, (INCOLD) is the Indian Committee interacting with ICOLD
Central Office in Paris and helps in dissemination, in India, of information about
new developments in dam engineering, besides projecting India's expertise at international
level through participation in various events of ICOLD. Indian experts are many
a time invited to officiate as members of ICOLD Committees on specialized topics.
Presently Indian representatives are members in 12 technical committees out of 19
committees of ICOLD.
- Technical Committees which issue some 2-10 technical books, bulletins and register
in a year
- Three-yearly Congresses with discussions on four technical subjects
- Technical Symposia in non-Congress years
- Technical lectures following with Symposia
- Workshops organized by the Technical Committees
To promote objectives of the Committee which include:
- The advancement of dams planning, development, management, science & technology,
research and education at International level.
- The establishment of an National forum for planners, administrators, managers, scientists,
engineers, educators & others who are associated with dam engineering.
- Encouragement & collaboration with and support of International programs in the
fields of dam engineering including cooperation with other organizations, in the
activities of common interest.