The Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP) created by Government of India in 1927, is a Premier Institution has been rendering dedicated services to professional organizations, engineers and individuals in the country and abroad for the last more than 89 years, resulting in accelerated development in the disciplines of Power, Renewable Energy and Water Resources Sectors in the country and abroad. It is a knowledge bank and exchange for dissemination of technical knowledge & professional experiences to help Indian Engineers/ professionals to update their knowledge and gain practical know-how.
1. Dissemination of technical knowledge through publication of journals, manuals, technical reports, guidelines, organizing conferences/ seminars etc. We have published till date about 1500 important publications for the development of these sectors.
2. Established a Centre of Excellence at Gurgaon for providing training for skill upgrade
3. CBIP undertakes consultancy jobs for Manpower Planning, Preparation of O&M Manuals;
4. Undertake contract for Recruitment of technical and non-technical staff;
5. Consultancy for setting up Solar Power Plants;
6. Executing Projects linked with CSR on behalf of various PSU’s