The Association has been formed in the year 1990 with its headquarters
at New Delhi, India, for the benefit of all the developing countries in this part
of the world. The Association is an autonomous, non-official, non-imenental professional
organisation of which central / state Govt. organisation, State water resources
departments SEB's cooporations, power utilities, project authorities, Educational
institutions, planner, developer, Engineer etc are subscribing member. The main
- To take special note of the aspirations, problems of the developing countries in
the field of power.
- To provide an information service to all concerned with power development.
- To provide a suitable forum to the professionals/experts/specialists in the various
disciplines for interaction and exchange of ideas by arranging conference / seminars
/ business meets.
- To encourage, development of techniques related to the multi- disciplinary planning
for generation, transmission and distribution of electricity.
- To act as a coordinating body for technical organisation in the constituent countries.